Just one Pot Orzo Pasta with Rooster, Sundried Tomatoes, and Spinach is wholesome, effortless to make, and bursting with crave-deserving flavors. This healthy 20-moment food is excellent for chaotic weeknights and supper parties alike!
407 Calories49g CARBS8g Fats33g PROTEIN
One particular Pot Orzo Pasta with Chicken Recipe
This simple orzo pasta recipe is a hectic mom’s aspiration. Straightforward to make, wholesome, and delicious—the trifecta! Add in the actuality that it takes just 20 minutes to make and you have bought by yourself the ultimate household supper. Serving for one? The leftovers can serve as quick and quick lunches all week long.
I do not know about you, but I’m not a lover of accomplishing dishes. That’s one of the lots of reasons why one-pot foods are so darn interesting to me. Only one dish to clean? Rely me in.
I’m no stranger to these sorts of meals, which you likely know if you’ve found my other 1 pot meals like this A single Pot Caprese Pasta or this 1 Pot Spinach and Tomato Pasta.
1 Pot Orzo is produced with flavorful ingredients together with hen breast, orzo, rooster broth, white beans, child spinach, sundried tomatoes, parmesan cheese, and contemporary basil. It’s a powerhouse of rich, savory, clean, and lively flavors, all cooked in just one glorious pot. We also adore this Lemon Orzo with Broccoli and Roasted Vegetable Orzo.
You can serve this dish on its possess or pair it alongside some Two Ingredient Dough Breadsticks for the final pasta evening. No matter how and when you choose to serve this dish, it guarantees to be the star of any dinner table. Consider it out for by yourself and see!
To make this delicious one particular-pot orzo recipe, you will have to have the following essential components:
- Rooster breasts: Make sure to use boneless, skinless hen breasts. Hen thighs also do the job. For a vegetarian one-pot dish, come to feel free to depart the rooster.
- Garlic: Contemporary is finest, so I extremely propose sticking to clean garlic if you can. Normally, garlic powder will operate in a pinch.
- Rooster broth: To keep the sodium minimal in this dish, I prefer to use very low-sodium rooster broth. On the other hand, regular chicken broth and vegetable broth will both of those perform great as nicely.
- Orzo: If you really do not have orzo or just want to try out a little something else, come to feel cost-free to use your preferred tiny kind of pasta. Some of my major alternatives incorporate ditalini or pastina. Even so, you will have to have to alter the cooking time to match the pasta you are cooking.
- Cannellini beans: These beans have a nutty, earthy taste that tastes wonderful with the other flavors of this dish. They also include a hearty dose of protein and fiber. Chickpeas also work or you can skip the beans completely.
- Baby spinach: If 6 cups of spinach sound like a whole lot to you, just hold out until finally it cooks down! If you only have frozen spinach, that operates as nicely. Just make absolutely sure ro defrost it initial and squeeze out any extra dampness.
- Sunlight-dried tomatoes: I suggest making use of the sort that occur packed in oil with herbs, as this infuses a ton of superb taste into the now-delicious solar-dried tomatoes. Drained diced tomatoes would also work.
- Fresh new basil: Even though you can use a distinct herb if you’d like (parsley performs perfectly), it’s unquestionably crucial to stick to clean herbs. They incorporate tons of flavor to this extraordinary dish.
What is orzo pasta? How do you cook dinner orzo?
Orzo is a tiny pasta that is oval-formed and resembles rice. It is labeled as a “pastina” or little pasta in Italy and is built from semolina flour. It is preferred in soups, grain bowls, pasta salads, pasta dishes, and other recipes exactly where a more compact pasta works superior.
Commonly talking, orzo can be cooked in two means. It can be cooked just like any pasta in boiling salted water. It requires 8-10 minutes.
Orzo can also be cooked like rice, where the orzo absorbs the liquid it cooks. This final results in a delightful creamy texture because the starch remains. For this preparation, you will want 2 cups of liquid for 1 cup of orzo. Cook for 8-12 minutes, stirring regularly to continue to keep the orzo from sticking.
Recipe Ideas and Versions
In this article are some of my top rated guidelines and tips to help you make this dish:
- The liquid is flexible. If your liquid evaporates right before your orzo has concluded cooking, really don’t be fearful to add some far more! I’ve generally identified 3 cups of broth to be the sweet location, but you can certainly increase a lot more if wanted. The chicken broth turns into a creamy sauce for this dish, so really do not be worried to incorporate a little further if needed. It should not be dry. Increase about two tablespoons of liquid at a time.
- Stir. Make positive you recall to stir your orzo routinely to ensure that it does not adhere to the base of the pan.
- Change the cooking time if wanted: Taste the orzo as it cooks and improves the cooking time if needed right until it is al dente.
- White wine. If you are feeling extravagant, try out changing some of the hen broth with white wine. Alcoholic beverages assists launch taste molecules in other meals, that means the flavors of this dish will be enhanced.
- Dried herbs. If you just cannot get your palms on any fresh herbs, you can use dried basil instead. Just make guaranteed to cut down the amount of money by 50 percent.
- End with lemon: To insert some brightness to the closing dish, end with some fresh lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Insert much more veggies: This dish performs good with further veggies. Contemplate including some crimson peppers, zucchini, red onion, refreshing cherry tomatoes, or summer months squash.
- Include a garnish: Kick up the taste even far more by adding some kalamata olives, pine nuts, capers, sliced lemons, new parsley, pink pepper flakes, or extra parmesan cheese.
How to Provide Orzo Pasta
This Just one Pot Hen and Orzo is the great healthful weeknight dinner. Simply because it has all the factors of a balanced meal — grains, veggies, and protein — this dish stands up brilliantly on its personal.
If you are searching for a thing a lot more, listed here are some of my most loved dishes to serve with this dish:
- Bread. Bread is the traditional pasta accompaniment and this mouth watering orzo dish is no various. I endorse serving this orzo dish with garlic bread, toasted sourdough, or common breadsticks.
- Salad. If you’re on the lookout to integrate some extra greens into your dinner, then serving this orzo along with a aspect salad is a wonderful alternative. Some of my leading alternatives incorporate my Effortless Arugula Salad, Simple Spring Combine Salad, and Cucumber, Avocado, and Tomato Salad.
Leftovers and Storage Strategies
Wanting to store leftovers of this nutritious just one-pot meal? No trouble. When the dish has cooled, transfer it to an airtight storage container. Then, you can store it in just one of two methods:
- In the fridge for up to 3-5 times.
- In the freezer for up to 2 months.
Routinely Questioned Concerns
Beneath are the solutions to some of the most routinely requested inquiries about this dish:
This orzo recipe is packed with protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals from the addition of plenty of veggies, beans, and rooster. Having said that, because orzo is quite higher in carbs, it’s still critical to eat this dish in moderation. As very long as you do that, this food will make a beautifully healthful addition to any diet regime.
Reheating leftovers of this wholesome dish is a breeze. All you have to do is location them in a microwave-risk-free container and reheat in 1 moment intervals right until warm. Alternatively, you can reheat leftovers on medium heat in excess of the stove till warmed by means of. If the dish appears to be dry, insert a splash of chicken broth.
Whilst solar-dried tomatoes incorporate a ton of flavor to this dish, you can absolutely use canned diced tomatoes in their put if that is what you have at residence. Retain in head this will alter the taste and texture of the dish, but it will continue to be delicious.